Sunday 20 July 2014

July 2014 update

July 2014 Update for New Age Carvings.


Wow, this year is going quickly and I have been really busy with shows and new items.  I have also had a great deal of interest in my Facebook page and I would like to thank everyone for your continued support.

I have been making some different lines this month and here are just a few of them.


 Watching time Faerie clock
this clock was a great item to do, I had to carve a new face for it, strip the original wood colour off it and stain the whole thing after carving and hand painting faeries on the sides and roses around the top.


 These small dragonfly hangers are ideal for the garden.  They are a smaller version of the ones I have done for the mobiles but they are just a cute and effective.

 This is a Celtic butterfly mobile I did.
designed with small butterfly glass stones around the sides it is a great garden ornament.

  Driftwood and wire pendants.  I came up with the idea of adding a new dimension to my wooden pendants by sewing wire around the edge in a criss-cross design and they have been a great seller.

  This howling wolf engraved pendant was a item I did for an auction I held on my facebook page.  It was won by Amanda and she is very pleased with it.

 I made these mini garden faerie house ornaments to go in line with my larger ones.  These are really cute and very detailed and can be hidden in any sized garden.

 I was asked by a customer if I could carve alter figurines.  Something new and something I have not tried before but I was willing to give it my best effort.  They turned out really well I think and the customer was really pleased with them too.

 The same customer who wanted the figurines also requested a athame for her alter.  I came up with the idea of a wooden handle and a slate point and this was the end result.  Needless to say the customer was extremely happy and it is now displayed on her alter.


Amongst making all of the above items, I had to make a display frame for my show table as I was due to do one in Portsmouth and had nowhere to hang the mobiles.  Besides that, I also wanted to make my stall stand out.  Having spent 3 hours the night before the show, cutting wood and carving my business name on the plaque, the final items was ready to go.

I have been asked to join the show at the Mountbatten Centre in Portsmouth run by the Hampshire Pet Fair and I will be having a stall indoors.

The date is 30th August 2014 and it will be good to see you there if you can make it.  I will however post some pictures on my facebook page showing how the day went.

Thank you for taking the time to read through this update and I hope you continue to like and return for future updates.

Kinds regards
Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment